Administrator, Public Interest GRFX
The Public Interest Network is seeking an administrator for Public Interest GRFX, our in-house communications team. Based in Boston, the administrator will help plan, track, analyze and report on the day-to-day operations for our creative team.
The Public Interest Network includes U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps and other organizations that engage in grassroots action and advocacy to win positive changes for our environment and our society. Right now, our network is tackling issues ranging from fracking to GMO foods, from global warming to transportation policy.
Public Interest GRFX is the in-house communications team for the Public Interest Network. We write and edit text, design publications and online content, build websites, and produce video content in order to enlarge our base, build public support, and generate grassroots action for our network.
We’re seeking an administrator to help plan, track, analyze and report on the day-to-day operations for our creative team.
Our administrator will play a key support role in helping us manage the communication needs of 500 staff working in all 50 states and on dozens of college campuses nationwide. These needs include newsletters, annual reports, fundraising appeals, e-mail alerts, web content and many other projects. It’s like being the chief administrator of a small business – but we’re not a business; we’re in it to make change, not profits.
Specific duties of the job include:
- Helping to manage the systems we use to plan, track, execute and report the team’s progress on more than 1,000 projects.
- Within this system, helping the team directors schedule and assign the projects to our 18-member staff as well as outside freelancers.
- Maintaining a dashboard that measures our progress.
- Helping organize and maintain our archives of photographs and past work.
- Helping write, edit, proofread and layout new publications and online content.
We’re looking for a smart, motivated individual with a strong commitment to the environment and the public interest. Detail-orientation, systems-orientation, strong numeric and analytic skills, and a familiarity with Excel are required.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
- A 3-day orientation when you start.
- A 3-week introductory training.
- A 3-day team training twice a year.
- Opportunities throughout the year to cross-train with the rest of our network’s staff.
- Ongoing training through interaction and feedback from your staff director and others.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary for this position ranges from $24,000 up. Salary for this position is commensurate with relevant professional experience. A competitive benefits package includes health care coverage, educational loan assistance, a retirement plan and paid vacation and sick days. Opportunities for advancement, travel and additional training are available.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the online application at http://publicinterestnetwork.org/page/pin/apply. We'll carefully consider your application and if we think you're a good fit, we will be in touch.
Contact Jenne Turner at 215-985-1113 ext. 4# or firstname.lastname@example.org